Monday, August 19, 2013

Fear and Faith are two sides of the same coin, but "I Am" is where knowledge begins

Courage is not the absence of Fear, but the desire to act in spite of it.  So the opposite of Fear is not Courage but Faith.  When we are acting in Faith, we have an image of the completion of our action as a positive result.  Fear is as much a mental construct of some past or future that at present does not exist as is Faith.

Past and Future are both tied to time and so we are living as much in a creation of the mind when we say "I will do something" as we are when we say, "I wish I had never done something..."

The most effective affirmations that we can employ to change our lives toward a new existence is one that Bob Proctor and Jack Canfield often speak of.  It is simply to speak as if the thing we desire, or desire to become is already a part of our existence, and speak with gratitude for its existence.  Some examples of this type of affirmation are:

I am so grateful that I am a son of God, heir to all the promises of the kingdom as I follow His will in my life.  I am a teacher of spiritual wisdom of life and am sought by many to help them understand themselves and their place in life better.  I am a loving husband and father who leads my family by willingly doing anything I would ever ask of them, and by serving as the Savior served in his kingdom.  I am a magnet for good experiences because I am grateful for all that I have been given and ever seek to learn new lessons from all experiences that pass my way, even those that might be called bad or unfortunate by others.

We can use the faith in God that he desires for us eternal growth and expansion of life as the way to confidently be grateful for the promises he has made to us, as we seek more to do His will, or seek more to be a blessing to others through the gifts we seek or strive to obtain.

I am so grateful each day I awake next to my wonderful wife who has pledged herself to eternal growth by my side, developing an eternal friendship, and partnership as we seek together to bless the lives of others with our talents and our increasing wisdom that comes from our Father in Heaven.  I am grateful that God has given us a beautiful world full of people and experiences that are available to any who will seek a way that they may be of greater service to the world, through expansion of their own life and talents that they have been given.  I am grateful to see this principle taking hold in my life, and look forward with joy to the life that is unfolding before my eyes with my eternal companion and bride by my side.

No comments: